Problem and Solution
There is a need for a free standing variable acoustics screen that can provide broad bandwidth
absorption, diffusion with absorption, and bass control.
The VariScreen offers absorption on one side, diffusion and absorption on the other, and a Variable
Depth Air Cavity formed by its two hinged upholstered panels for variable frequency bass control.
Click for Details
The graph illustrates the total absorption, in Sabines, for each VariScreen mounted along
a wall with the height of the triangle being 16''. Three panels covering 74ft² with the
absorption side facing the room were used for the test. The absorption coefficient, which is
equal to three times the number of Sabines divided by 74ft², is also shown. The
VariScreens NRC is 1.2.
Click for Details
Note the uniform mid and high frequency absorption with a tunable low frequency peak
to help control bass buildup. By adjusting the position, distance from the wall, and the
Variable Depth Air Cavity, the VariScreen can be used to control even the most
The VariScreen is a hinged, free standing panel which supports itself by adjusting the
panel opening angle. By making the angle smaller and increasing the depth of the air cavity, more
low frequency absorption can be obtained. Corner mounting is also very effective for low frequency
control. When not in use, the VariScreen stores flat.
The VariScreen has proved to be an invaluable tool in home theaters.
The rear air cavity is very powerful in tailoring the room's bass response.
The VariScreens can be used as free-standing screens in front of windows, in corners, or as room dividers.
The Variscreen can also be supplied with flat stainless steel feet if required.
- Two sided absorptive or diffsorptive performance
- Variable Depth Low Frequency Control
- Free standing screen
- Stores flat
- Modular and versatile
- Design element
- The VariScreen is a two sided, hinged acoustical treatment offering pure
absorption or a combination of high frequency diffusion and mid frequency absorption
(diffsorption) for reflection control with ambiance
- The hinged free standing screen allows adjustment of the opening angle to tune
the rooms low frequency response
- Since the VariScreen is free standing, it can be used in applications that require
temporary treatment like trade show exhibit rooms or where wall mounting is not possible
- The VariScreen covers up to 32ft² when in use, but stores flat in a minimum
of space for economical shipping and storage
- The VariScreen is modular, which allows almost any type of space to be treated by
simply placing units next to one another for unlimited versatility and flexibility
- By utilizing a wide range of designer fabrics, the VariScreen offers an aesthetic
design element as well as a flexible acoustical element
- All critical listening rooms, including recording studios, vocal booths, home theaters,
quality control rooms, CD mastering, film mix and dubbing stages
and music practice rooms
- Standard size: 2000mm (H) x 1200mm (W) x 78mm (D) fully open
(Please note: castors add another 60mm to the height)